Thursday, November 3, 2016

CARRY-OUT CARTON


My goals were to create an accurate representation of the carryout box and chopsticks with long shadows.

I accomplished this by putting the light  on the side so the shadows would stretch.

I think this painting is more about dramatic shadows and backlight.

The most difficult challenge I had to face was the flatness of the chopsticks.

The way I fixed this was by using the charcoal pencil to  draw more exact lines than the vine or compressed charcoal could do.

I think my art really works with the shadows from the chopsticks cast onto the box.

I learned that the charcoal pencil is pretty useful.

I think Caravaggio's work really helped with his intense and long shadows.

I liked how neat Josh's art was.

I would probably cover my work charcoal instead of making an outline of it first.

I feel good about the shadows in my work.

1 comment:

  1. The shadows work well in 2 places to create great realism. the chopstick shadow on the box and the shadow of the paper cardboard on the side of the carton. good job.

    ReplyDelete